Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Bloody Cold Sores!

Ugh. I woke up yesterday and I could feel the beginnings of a cold sore in the same bloody spot I always get them -- bottom lip, lower right. I managed to get some meds on it so it didn't sprout into a full-on fever blister. My lip is only a wee bit swollen, and I think it will go away by the weekend, but it's still gross and sore. I hate these physical manifestations of stress. Damn virus.

Got a rejection note from the conference panel I sent my latest proposal to, but I'm not deterred. I'll give the thing a quick revision and send it off again. There are at least a few conferences it could fit into. I'd really like to have an excuse to put in for some travel funding. I also need to get something published, and I need the feedback. I think I'll present it at the Victorian Studies group as well if I can.

I really shouldn't be on the computer right now; I really should be reading Edith Sitwell.
doctor T 6:40 p.m.

1 Comments:

practice some deep breathing, have a bath and sip some wine (while in the bath) - works for me (sometimes)!!

Add a comment