Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Getting To Know You
2. Were you named after anyone? No, but my middle name is from my mom.
3. Do you wish on stars? Yes, but only the first one I see at night.
4. When did you last cry? I teared up a few days ago when I was really sick and feeling particularly horrible.
5. Do you like your handwriting? No, it's very messy and inconsistent.
6. What is your favourite lunch meat? I still have a fondness for beer sausage.
7. What is your birth date? July 24, 1980.
8. What is your most embarrassing CD? The Armand Van Helden single "You Don't Know Me." But I only have it because my sister left it behind when she moved. Really.
9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Yes, but not close friends.
10. Are you a daredevil? Um, no. I'm way too clumsy to be a daredevil.
11. Who is your favourite cartoon character? I really don't know -- can I just say one of the Muppet Babies and leave it at that?
12. Do looks matter? Yes, of course.
13. How do you release anger? I work out at the gym -- weights, cycling, sit-ups. And I bitch to anyone who will listen or pretend to listen -- so usually Mike.
14. Where is your second home? My parent's place in Lethbridge.
15. Do you trust others easily? No, not really.
16. What was your favourite toy as a child? Barbies!
17. What class in high school do you think was totally useless? Math or Phys Ed.
18. Do you have a journal? I have a private hand-written journal and then this little blog.
19. Do you use sarcasm a lot? I use it judiciously.
20. What are your nicknames? There's not a lot you can do with my real name, actually.
21. Would you bungee jump? No, I value my spine too much.
22. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Shamefully, no.
23. Do you think that you are strong? Physically or emotionally? Physically, I'm okay in controlled environments -- like the gym -- but my lower body is useless. Emotionally, I'm definitely getting a thicker skin as I get older.
24. What is your favourite ice cream flavour? I love them all. Chocolate is all-time stand-by.
25. Shoe Size? 9 to 9 & 1/2.
26. Red or pink? Pink, I think. Magenta, really.
27. What is your least favourite thing about yourself? My stomach.
28. Who do you miss most? Right now, my friend Karen, as she's only recently moved back to Ontario.
29. What personality traits do you dislike in other people? false humility; being a drama queen; people who can't adapt to change.
30. What colour pants and shoes are you wearing? I'm wearing an army green skirt and no shoes. I'm still not too keen on pants, but I do normally wear flip-flops around the house.
31. What are you listening to right now? South Park.
32. Last thing you ate? Marble cake.
33. If you were a color what would you be? Purple?
34. What is the weather like right now? Dark and cool.
35. Last person you talked to on the phone? Mike's mom. We are both sick so neither of us sounded like the other expected.
36. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? The nose.
37. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I stole it from Jen. She's cool.
38. Favourite Drink? Water or wine.
39. Favourite Sport? I don't know -- I like watching hockey or golf. I don't play anything.
40. Hair Color? Ashy-reddy blonde.
41. Eye Color? Green.
42. Do you wear contacts? No, I have great eyes.
43. Favourite Food? Full-on turkey dinners or fettucine alfredo.
44. Last Movie You Watched? The Man on the Train. It was very good.
45. Favourite Day of the Year? Usually it's Thanksgiving, because it's the food without the rest of the holiday stresses, but this year I was sick so it sucked it.
46. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? Happy endings, I guess. What kind of choices are those anyway?
47. Summer or Winter? Summer!
48. Hugs or Kisses? Hugs.
49. What Is Your Favourite Dessert? Anything chocolate or pastry-ish.
50. Favourite Movie? Wild Strawberries.
51. What Song Was Recently In Your Head? Back in Black by AC/DC.
52. Living Arrangements? Live with Mike, the husband, and two cats in a two-bedroom suite in lower level of a house.
53. What Book Are You Reading? The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir. It's for my upcoming exam.
54. What's On Your Mouse Pad? It's Mike's computer, so his mouse pad, and there's nothing on it. It's just a round black thing.
55. What Did You Watch Last Night on TV? America's Next Top Model, My Name is Earle, The Office (American), Law & Order: SVU. It was a big TV night for us.
56. Favourite Smells? Oranges, vanilla, my little cat Tess, Vaseline Intensive Care lotion, Estee Lauder Youth Dew perfume.
57. Favourite Flower? Gerb daisies.
58. Rolling Stones or Beatles? The Stones.
59. Do you believe in Evolution or Creation? Evolution. Creationism is weird.
60. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?A haircut and highlights.