Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Polly had a daughter who was sick, sick, sick....

Ugh. I've had this bloody flu for a week now and I'm sick of it. Today I postponed my first candidacy exam because I haven't had any time to review my reading, and there is no way I'm in any shape to write 3 critical essays on 100 years of British literature. I hate that I have to delay it as I'm utterly sick of the reading list and keen on getting my first exam over with, but my arguments would suck the casbah if I tried to write any time soon. So the big day is now Oct. 24th. Bah.

In other flu-related news, I've completely lost my senses of smell and taste. I couldn't even smell the litter box yesterday, which Mike assured me was particularly nasty. I am quite happy that I could not smell the litter box, but I am quite perturbed that I have no working taste buds. In order to get some flavour into my lunch, I put both yellow mustard and blackberry jam on my chicken sandwich. It tasted like something, although I'm not sure what.

I spent a few minutes yesterday and this morning looking at my throat with the help of a flashlight and damn it's ugly. Beyond being sick, which made one side of my throat bright red and slightly pussy, throats are just ugly. Especially the uvula. It's gross, all hanging there and stuff. Blech.
doctor T 5:17 p.m.

1 Comments:

sad times for you :( hope you're feeling better soon, missing turkey would be horrible enough without having to also postpone an exam (i understand not enjoying putting crap off).

but, erm, "my throat is bright red and slightly pussy" i don't have a sick mind or anything but (insert nasty joke about throat and pussy here).

Add a comment