Sunday, January 08, 2006

Doctor T Goes Global

I found out yesterday that I've been accepted to the Interdisciplinary Nineteenth-Century Studies 2006 International Conference. It's at Durham University, which is pretty much east of middle-of-nowhere in England but also happens to be about an hour away from my sister and brother-in-law in Leeds. I didn't think I'd be able to go, but my most wonderful parents are keen that I attend so will help me out with the ticket. The only catch is I have to be back by the 8th for a wedding so I think I'll be going early to chill with the sissy and then hit the conference.

Now to actually write the paper!
doctor T 2:53 p.m.

4 Comments:

w00t! congrats :P
Congratulations. Yet another achievement the SSHRC vetters can stick in their bottoms.
Karen
Congratulations! I applied last year to a trauma conference in Manchester, but because I wasn't writing about the Jewish holocaust (was focusing on the Guatemalan holocaust), they couldn't fit me in. Sigh.
have fun in jolly ol' england.

have a pint for me.

Add a comment