Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Exam = Illness

Apparently my body doesn't like candidacy exams. My major field exam is in a week and yesterday I was hit with a cold. It's worse today but I'm hoping that enough drugs and rest will keep it from progressing into something nastier.

I feel like I'm 5 again. When I was a kid I would always get super excited about any upcoming holiday, birthday, event -- any excuse for an event -- and I'd work myself into illness. Many a Christmas day found doctor T lying on a couch at whereever dinner was taking place, with a bucket for vomiting and Blue Bear tucked in at my side. I have no Blue Bear now, but I do have a couple of pretty cuddly cats and a nice big bowl in case of pukage. It's good to know some things never change, but it's sad to think that I now get over-excited about giant doctoral exams rather than parties and holidays.

Please send healthy vibes in the general direction of the Island, and let's hope I'm healthier for my final exam in May.
doctor T 2:48 p.m.

1 Comments:

feel better soon!

i used to totally do the same thing when i was a kid, except minus the throwing up because i will do anything to avoid throwing up.

Add a comment