Monday, June 19, 2006

What Is Up

Sadly, not much is up. I am still finishing a summer conference paper, and my final candidacy exam has been delayed until mid-August (making my final oral exam a September event). To be truthful, I have no problem with the delayance (not a word -- ha!) of my final exam, but it'd be grand if my committee members could inform of their whereabouts when an exam has already been scheduled and they've okayed it. Because come on, how hard is it to email someone? Gah.

Anyhootenanny....
I have been neglectful of my academic blog because I've been feeling very blah about most academic things. That is not normal for me, and I think it's largely due to my recent weaning from a drug that fucked up my head, a recent health problem re: a person very important to me, and a whole lotta exhaustion. Luckily, I've found a new sense of purpose in terms of my academic self. I've decided that my ideas matter, even if they're not buttressed by hundreds of important critics. I know they matter because I care about my ideas and my students are inspired by my ideas. I'm a reasearcher and an educator, and I wouldn't want to sacrifice either for the sake of money or reputation -- how could I live with myself if I did?
doctor T 8:56 p.m.

1 Comments:

MMmmmmm, yoghurt brain.

Add a comment