Wednesday, October 04, 2006

How Do I Chillax?

Yesterday I had an appointment with a therapist to help me deal with my anxiety. I won't go into the details of the meeting here, but it was both exhausting and extremely helpful. I feel like I CAN take control of my anxiety.

This morning I evaluated the various priorities in my life and realized I have a lot on my plate right now. I can't take on anything else. I need to concentrate on what I'm doing now, stop fussing about the future and stop taking on new projects.

I also need to learn how to chillax. Chillaxing is the art of not only relaxing, but chilling -- relaxatio is often forced onto one after a spell of busyness and physical activity, but chilling is an altogether different thing -- it's a mental state where you feel cool and hip and satisfied. Chillaxing is rest combined with self-satisfaction, and I've yet to learn how to do it. But trust me, it doesn't involve marking student assignments. Oy -- but that's a whole other post.
doctor T 7:53 p.m.

1 Comments:

you must have learned to do some chillaxin because you certainly ain't bloggin!!!!

Add a comment