Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Meme Christmas

The title isn't a typo. I stole this from Dr. Couz.

1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?
Nog, but diluted with some skim milk, spiked with spiced rum and sprinkled with nutmeg. Hot Chocolate is good after winter activities, but it often makes my tummy upset.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrapped -- well, Mrs. Claus probably does the wrapping.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Coloured. I miss big lights. Tiny lights are pretty but not nearly as retro-fun.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. My cat would probably eat it (she can jump pretty high).

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Whenever I get around to it. We just put up the tree yesterday, and last year we didn't decorate at all as we were out of town. Meh, I'm not fussed about decorations. Just hand me some nog!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Stuffing and nalysnky.

7. Favorite Holiday memory?
Ukrainian food -- including the stink of holubtsi, even though I still don't eat it. I'll make it, but I just can't get into the sour cabbage taste.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Erm, maybe when I was 9?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Only when I have a lot of gifts under the tree.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Unbreakable decorations. Tess loves knocking them down.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Like the look of it, like to play in it, don't much care for living with it for the entire winter season.

12. Can you ice skate?
Not very well. I am not what one would call well-balanced.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Hockey gear when I was a kid. Loved it!

14. What’s the most important thing?
The food, friends and happiness. I don't stress about Christmas, and it's always good.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I don't care much for desserts generally, but a nice apple crisp with vanilla ice cream is pretty dreamy -- especially if it's Mom's apple crisp and Dad's homemade ice cream.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Um, the food?

(This meme should make it clear exactly WHY I'm on Weight Watchers. :p)

17. What tops your tree?
A hand-me-down plastic faux candle. It's quite pretty, actually.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving! Especially for my parents, sister and brother-in-law and Mike.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Ukrainian Bell Carol.

20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum?
They're good in hot cocoa. I can never finish a whole one on its own!

If you're reading this, you're tagged. Go to it bitches!
doctor T 7:17 p.m.

3 Comments:

I just stole this from you to post on my blog. :)

Raquel
I just stole this from you to post on my blog.

Merry Christmas T.

Raquel
um, i probably won't have time to do this before christmas on my livejournal but i wanted to add a question:

do you think it's ok to lie to kids about Santa?

morgan and i have been debating this and i think the magic and wonder outweighs the outright lying.

Add a comment