Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Bad Day, Better Night

Most of the time it was probably real bad being stuck down in a dungeon. But some days, when there was a bad storm outside, you'd look out your little window and think, "Boy, I'm glad I'm not out in that."

Thanks are due to Jack Handy for the above bit of wisdom.

I had a shitty day today. I barely slept last night, missed two buses getting up to school, and then realized my counselling appointment was actually at 2, not 2:30, so I missed that and was stuck at school with no books or dissertation materials. I tried to hit payroll to get some money they owe me but they'd moved to a complex off the actual campus (what fucking genius decided PAYROLL should be a 15 minute walk from every other employee resource on campus? I mean, come on. Really.).

At that point I was ready to randomly smash terracotta pots, because they break nicely. Or scream -- screaming almost always helps.

Luckily things started looking up once I checked my department mailbox. A cheque was waiting for me -- glorious money! -- for the money payroll owed me, so I didn't have to trek to the new payroll office. Then I chatted with the grad chair and he made me feel human, smart and normal. Then I caught a bus that only comes 5 times a day to my bank and pharmacy. Then I walked home and actually enjoyed the walk.

I went for a run after getting home and it felt so effing good. Now I'm resting my feet in a snazzy massaging foot bath thing and having some wine. I'm still a bit frazzled, but I'm feeling better. I don't have that nasty I'm Going to Vomit or Cry or Beat Someone feeling I had earlier today. I don't feel like a complete loser because I wrote down the wrong time for an appointment. I don't think everything is falling apart because I missed the bus. Small things, but good things.
doctor T 7:09 p.m.

5 Comments:

Hey! Chelle tagged me so I'm now tagging you. I hope you don't mind. :)

If you need info, check out my blog.

Thanks!!
You started jogging again. Good for you!
sounds like there should have been more beer-drinking yesterday!
Oh, dammit, Raquel beat me to it! I tagged you as well...same dealio as hers...
Wait a minute - Payroll moved? Crap. I don't look forward to the next time that they mess something up and I have to trek over and find them.

Add a comment