Friday, January 19, 2007

Meetings

This week I went up to the uni twice -- and NOT to use the library. I actually had dissertation-related meetings to attend. Joy! I went to a thesis-dissertation completion group on Thursday that made me feel like a normal doctoral candidate (scared, depressed, slowly making progress on the dissertation) and allowed me to reconnect with another English ABDer I haven't seen in a few months. A good day.

Today I had a meeting with my supervisor, and she gave me a small dissertation-related task to complete by next Friday (a chronology of books I'm writing about and historical events related to my topic). Now I feel like I have something real to do again, something to be accountable for. We're going to have regular meetings and hopefully have a chapter hammered out by the end of the semester. A good day.

That's two good days in a row. Things are looking up for Doctor T.
doctor T 6:29 p.m.

1 Comments:

Glad to hear things are looking up. It's so much easier when you're accountable. To me, it means that someone else cares and that's a huge motivator.

Good luck!

Add a comment