Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Random Wednesday Bits....
- Vague conference titles are stupid. What the hell does "Intersections, Margins, and Parellels in Cultural Production" mean? And why the serial comma? Ugh.
- Ever wonder how many people will actually read all of your dissertation? I'm guessing five.
- Apples can do serious damage to your gums.
- I have the metabolism of a slug.
- I still don't understand why I can't write off my tuition, and it pisses me off a bit more every year.
- I worry too much about everything.
- I have a hard time calling myself a "mature student" -- most days I feel anything but mature or studentish.
- Making up words is okay. Pretending they're real isn't.
- Snow on the west coast is just plain wrong. When you're praying for rain to clear out the snow, something is amiss.
Why can’t you write off your tuition fees? If you can’t do it now, you can probably do it in the future. Tuition fees can be carried over.