Monday, June 18, 2007
I'm Still Standing....
In the meantime, here's what I've been up to lately:
- Finally completed and submitted thrice-revised dissertation proposal. This event actually happened well over a month ago, but I didn't mention it, cause I'm weird like that.
- Was "elected" (by 12 big votes) the PhD rep for 2007-2008. Rock on! I'm keen to take on the administrative stuff. Weirdly, I actually enjoy admin stuff, which means my nerd-o-meter goes up by about 4 SRUs.
- Completed a 10 week running clinic organized by the very inspirational Changa.
- Read a bunch of books. Special thanks to interlibrary loans at my uni.
- Ran my first real race, the 8km Do It For Dad Prostate Cancer (trail) run and lived to tell the tale.
Congratulations on finishing and submitting your diss. proposal! My department, weirdly, doesn't make us write proposals (under the assumption that the SSHRC proposal is enough). On the other hand, it took me a year to finalise my comps list. In fact, by the time I submitted my lists I had already read about a third of my books.